Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Projects


Jason and TJ filling in the pit

Isaac in a place that is out of the way...

Flowers

Herbs: Parsley, Rosemary, Cilantro, Sweet Basil

Empty pond

Pond plants (and leaves already)

Some of our fish

Our landlord had started a garden pond and I'm not sure if it ever was actually finished or not, but I drained all the water, washed it out, and now we have fish and plants in our pond! Our hope is that this will help with the mosquito infestation that we had last year that prevented us from being outside for any length of time. Isaac got to pick out some fish and we got lots of generic ones so if any die (we've only lost one minnow so far) they can easily be replaced.
We also finally put grass seed down and we hope that we will eventually have a "real" yard that we can enjoy. I also got all my potted plants started for this year with the addition of a selection of herbs to enjoy. I really would like a large garden, but I just settled for some herbs!
Jason and TJ (our neighbor) also worked on filling in the sink hole in the side yard with more dirt. I think we are almost to the point of having an area that can be seeded and hopefully enjoyed this summer! We had a busy weekend, but it was great to be outside enjoying the beautiful weather.

No comments: