I had more than two days off in a row for the first time since Jan this past weekend. We were originally going somewhere on vacation for Pat's birthday, but decided to retreat to KC instead. It was such a treat! We arrived on Friday and got to spend some time with Pat and Claudia just relaxing, I got in a great run complete with a cow escort as they ran with me down the fence! Claudia told us that we had to ready to leave on Sat morning by 8:30, but wouldn't tell us what we were doing. She and Pat had gotten the four big kids hot stone massages! It was the most amazing hour I have had in a long time, they had to pour me in my clothes after it was over!!! We headed back to the house to get ready and then went to the Richmond
Mushroom Festival. It was
your typical small town fair, complete with lots of mullets and funnel cakes (yes, I ate one!). After we were
faired out we headed home to change into dinner clothes. Claudia
arranged for two of her sisters to come watch the kids so the adults could enjoy a fabulous dinner without saying once "(insert name here) take a bite." Thank you so much Laura and Cindy for your willingness to watch the kids! After and incredible dinner we headed to one of
KC's fabulous jazz bars and enjoyed some jazz before heading home. On Sunday we relaxed and spent some time fishing at Papa's freshly stocked pond. Isaac had a blast and got to reel in several! Their house truly is an oasis, I believe the grass is greener and the sky is bluer out there, you will agree after looking at the pics!

Daddy and Isaac fishing

The diva in her sun hat provided by Grammy (see what I mean about it being greener and bluer!)

Such a doll

I am not sure what was being said, but their faces indicate it was something gross! Those two crack me up!

Isaac holding a fish (I think I caught that one, but it's nothng to brag about!)
No comments:
Post a Comment