Sunday, September 13, 2009

The bone and the baby

Kadyn found her belly this week, which means there is lots of laughing and lots of belly button exposure around our house. The other day Isaac and I were sitting on the couch and he was inspecting his belly button and reminded me that we were connected there when he was in my belly. So, seeing him process his thoughts the conversation went:

I: Did the doctor take Miss Kadyn out of your belly last night?
M: No, she came out on her birthday
I: What did the doctor do with her when she came out?
M: She gave her to me so I could hold her.
I: No mom, she put the bone on her belly and fixed her, then you could hold her.

I'm not sure where he has ever seen a cord clamp on a baby or would put the two together, but that kid amazes me every day with how much he absorbs!

No comments: