Monday, September 14, 2009

He's not talking to me...

Today Isaac fell at school and got a very small cut on his hand. He has had many of these before and when Isaac questions how they will get better, we always tell him that God can heal his owies and he is fine with that. Today we went through the whole conversation again and then from the back seat I heard a frustrated little voice say:

"He's not talking to me"
M: Who's not talking to you?
I: God in Heaven is not talking to me, I'm telling him to fix my owie, but why isn't he talking back?
M: (stammering, trying to figure out how to explain this to a 3 year old) God talks to us in other ways than through a voice.
I: How?
M: (thinking: seriously kid I'm running out of answers) He talks to us through people in our lives, so mommy and daddy are helping him take care of you and your owies
I: Oh, okay. Well, I'm going to talk to him some more then so you can help too

I know I've said this before, but I love seeing how innocent and pure kids can be. We are called to have childlike faith, but so often our faith is jaded by past hurts, our own desires, and self protection. How would our world be changed if we changed let all the crap go and just followed the most perfect and holy God, who wants nothing more to love us. Hmmm...

1 comment:

evie said...

I love how you record little conversations. They are so sweet.